Allen L. Broughton is a practicing Georgia attorney and North Carolina personal injury lawyer who has earned a reputation as a skilled trial lawyer. He has earned significant recoveries for his clients and several million and multi-million dollar rewards. He practices in both the firm’s Georgia office and the North Carolina office, with an emphasis on personal injury, product liability, premises liability and tractor trailer liability.
Allen began his career in a large Atlanta law firm where he gained extensive experience defending insurance companies, trucking companies, auto accident defendants and retail business establishments for both injury and commercial litigation cases. Allen started his own firm in 2000, focusing his practice on the representation of individuals who have suffered a personal injury. Allen has excelled at reaching positive results for his clients in personal injury matters, due in large part to Allen’s background in handling insurance matters pertaining to personal injury claims prior to starting his firm. Because of his insurance defense background, Allen has a strong grasp of what is necessary to achieve a good outcome with an insurance company in personal injury matters. Unlike many lawyers who are content to seek an early settlement of a case, Allen prepares each case for trial in an effort to maximize the recovery for the client.
Allen has been both lead counsel and co-counsel in a number of significant jury trials in both Georgia and North Carolina. Allen has tried cases involving wrongful death, catastrophic injury and permanent disability. He has secured millions of dollars of relief on behalf of the firm’s clients. Allen has been asked to speak to fellow lawyers on trial techniques, and has done so on various topics, including the use of demonstrative evidence at trial.
Allen’s professional accomplishments have been recognized by his peers. In 2003 he was given an AV rating by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest peer rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
- Georgia, 1993
- Washington, D.C, 1994
- North Carolina, 2000
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – B.S. B.A., 1990
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – J.D., 1993 With Honors, Class President
Honors, Awards & Memberships:
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated (highest peer rating for legal ability and ethical standards)
- Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- The Verdict Club – Platinum Member (premier trial attorneys awarded special recognition based on verdicts in excess of one million dollars).
- Attorney Broughton Law
- Law Clerk Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris
- Student Representative Westlaw
- Samford University Doctor of Law (J.D.), 2009
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law Juris Doctor, Law, 2009
- The University of Georgia Bachelor of Science, Child and Family Development, 2006